FanCraze has partnered with regulated financial entities to enable us to offer safe and robust payment options. As such, FanCraze is required to collect verification information, which also provides an additional level of security that protects our collectors and ensures a great experience.
As part of our commitment to safety, the identity check must be performed through your FanCraze account. All identification documents must be submitted through our online platform. We do not accept emailed copies of your identity documents for verification.
When Will I Have to Verify My Identity?
All FanCraze account holders have the option to verify their identities at any time. Simply click on the Wallet tab in your FanCraze account and then navigate to the 'Identity Check' section within Payment Settings.
While an identity check can be initiated at any point, there are a few instances where the check will be required:
- When your account hits a threshold of financial activity from purchases and sales.
- When you submit your first request to withdraw from your FanCraze Balance.
- When you perform any marketplace activity.
It is recommended to complete the identity check process ahead of any pack drops to avoid potential delays in a purchase.
Accepted Forms of Identification
Valid government-issued identification is required, although which type of ID you use will depend on your region. For example, if you are in North America, you will have the option to use your driver's license. Other regions will require a passport.
Identity Check Process
There are three steps required to complete the identity check:
- Submit a photo of the ID you are using (driver's license, passport, etc.)
- Taking a selfie.
- Completing a form with details such as your residential address.
Identity Check Troubleshooting
Although uncommon, an identity check can fail once you complete the process and submit your information. Some of the reasons a submission can fail are:
- An expired ID
- A damaged ID (cracks or rips)
- Dark or blurry photos
- Photos with too much glare
- Mismatched addresses (if you've moved since your ID was generated, for instance)
Please note: if you're unsuccessful in your first attempt at the identity check, don't worry! You have five attempts at the process.
Tips for the Identity Check
Here are a few important tips to help make sure your identity check is processed and verified:
- If you’re submitting your driver's license, take a photo of both the front and the back of your ID in a well-lit area, free of any glare
- Make sure that your ID is in focus and fully visible for the photo
- When taking your selfie, remain still until your photo is captured and displayed on the screen There is a slight lag between the camera reading your face and capturing your image. If you move, the photo will come out blurry
- If you’re using the mobile option, please note that on iOS only the Safari browser is supported. If you’re using Android, most browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Brave) will work
- If your photos are routinely coming out blurry, please try using a different device (a different mobile, laptop, or desktop, may have a better camera)
- Make sure the ID you are using is valid and has not expired
Reminder: For your own safety, please do not send personal information to us unless asked to do so. We will never ask you to send personal information to any other email address.
Users can raise a ticket at https://support.fancraze.com for any queries related to their Identity Verification.
Over 1,500 men's and women's players are listed on FanCraze. Will you buy your favorite players and moments, or will you find the diamonds in the rough?
Want to learn even more? Check out these essential blog posts:
- Getting Started
Create an account now to get at least $50 in welcome rewards!